The RSA Academies’ Teaching School Alliance is excited about the power of great leadership and the impact a leader can have on the lives of others. We provide high quality training and leadership experiences for students and staff. All teachers are leaders within their classroom and our Talent Management strategy ensures that teachers at all stages of their career have access to a range of leadership development programmes.
For staff we facilitate a range of accredited courses such as NPQML, NPQSL, NPSML along with our RSA Leadership Development Programme. Student leadership is high profile in all of our schools with work across the Academies culminating in an annual RSA Leadership Conference to share and celebrate expertise.
Cost: £250 (£700 with 20 Masters credits)
Our Leadership Development Programme has been put together in collaboration with Birmingham City University, and is designed to provide an effective balance of theoretic and practical leadership development. Colleagues will be required to lead a project within their school, with assessment as follows:
- Project Assessment – presentation of the project impact to Senior Team.
- Written Assessment – evidence against leadership standards.
- Project based activity assignment to gain 30 Masters credits through BCU (optional).
Our facilitators are experienced senior leaders and have delivered leadership training through NPQML and NPQSL.
Who is it suitable for:
Aspiring or current middle leaders. Aspiring or current senior leaders. The elective modules will be different for aspiring senior leaders, as will the nature of the leadership project.
What will you take away with you? e.g. resources, learning points etc.
Leadership strategies and resources.
What is the intended impact for you?
You will develop your skills as a leader. You will understand the key challenges and responsibilities for leaders within schools. You will be able to lead a project within your school and receive valuable feedback on your leadership development.
- (7th December) Leading change, Project approval.
- (11th January 2018) Impact and influence, Leadership pitfalls, Research methods, Master credits, Project tutorials.
- (1st February 2018) (Senior Leadership, Middle Leadership) Data, Leading learning, Documentation, Ofsted.
- (1st March 2018) (Senior Leadership, Middle Leadership) The key to Senior and Middle Leadership, Leadership scenarios.
- (18th June 2018) Measuring impact, Evaluating the project.
Register your attendance by filling out the form below.